Ark Brick Stick Pencil Toppers
Does chewing on pencils or pen caps sound familiar? Ark's Brick Stick Chewable Pencil Toppers are the perfect solution. Chewing can be a very effective way to help calm, self-regulate, and focus, so these chewypencil covers are a perfect pairing for homework, note-taking, and more. As an added bonus, they also provide extra weight to the pencil, which provides increased hand awareness and promotes proper pencil positioning.Each topper is solid on one end for chewing, hollow on the opposite end to conveniently fit over standard pencils, and textured all around for extra tactile input. The front side features large bumps, with small bumps on the back side for varied sensory input.
Our Brick Stick pencil toppers come in 3 colour-coded toughness levels:
- Standard (red) = the softest / chewiest option, recommended for mild chewing
- XT (lime green) = XT stands for "Xtra Tough," recommended for moderate chewing
- XXT (royal blue) = XXT stands for "Xtra Xtra Tough," recommended for those who like the resistance of chewing on very hard items
- Each topper is sold individually
- Best practice is to use with eraser-less pencils (each topper comes with its own eraser-less pencil)
- Designed, manufactured, and assembled in the USA by ARK Therapeutic
- Each topper is medical grade, FDA compliant, and contains NO lead, phthalates, PVC, BPA, or latex
- Each topper measures about 6.3cm long, 1.5cm wide, and about 1.3cm thick (just a tad thicker than the Brick Stick necklace).
- Colour hues may vary slightly
Caution: This product is not a toy. Recommended for children 6-7 years and up (the age that children typically start using a standard pencil). Although these chew tools are sturdy and durable, no chew tool is indestructible. Wear/tear may be expected given the nature of the intended use. How long they last is typically equal to the amount and intensity of the chewing, as well as other variables (such as jaw strength, stress/anxiety levels, if other sensory strategies are in place, etc.). While for some people a chew tool will last forever, for others with heavy/aggressive oral needs, they may go through it very quickly. Please supervise at all times and replace if necessary if the item shows signs of wear and tear. For the longest lasting chew tool for avid chewing, see ARK's Y-Chew XXT.