The Ant Patrol - Children's Stories
The Ant Patrol Children's Stories are a resource that offers a treasure trove of strategies for parents and professionals alike. Creatively written and beautifully illustrated, these engaging stories strike at the heart of children's social and emotional development. Each of the six books in the set tells a story constructed around a key developmental issue relevant to every child. This resource is particularly useful for children with high functioning ASD or ADHD.
The books include explicit teaching on how to perform each skill for children, and there are helpful hints and explanatory notes for parents and professionals. The key skill areas include:
* Impulse control - 'Pick Your Moment'. 'Mind on the Job'
* Social awareness - 'Stay in Line'
* Social perspective taking - 'Name of the Game'
* Frustration control - 'Seeing Red'
* Coping with worry - 'Fear Factor'
The books can be purchased individually, or as a set.