January School Holiday Programmes 2021
We are excited to be offering a full month of holiday groups over the January 2021 school holidays!
To help families who have holidays booked we have 2 blocks to choose from, with each block running for two weeks from Tuesday to Friday. Children attend 8 sessions over two weeks to complete the programme.
The first block commences on Tuesday 5th January and the second block commences on Tuesday 19th January (Please note the change from Tuesday to Monday in the second week to accomodate the Australia Day public holiday).
Our groups in the holidays are VERY small, with a maximum of 5 children. We have high staffing of qualified therapists, with two therapists allocated to each group (our therapists are either Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists or Physiotherapists, depending on the nature of the group).
Our full programme is outlined below with details on each group outlined underneath.
Group Programme descriptions:
Move Write 2 Learn Groups
Ages Kindy, Preprimary, Years 1, 2, and 3.
Groups will target children's fine motor, gross motor, handwriting, language skills for writing, planning stories and independent working skills
The 3 R's: Regulation, Resilience and Relationships
Ages Kindy, Preprimary, Years 1, 2 and 3.
Groups will assist children to learn sensory self regulation strategies and to develop skills in dealing with friendship issues, bullying and teasing, as well as helping with emotional self regulation in the playground.
- Aims to help children develop an improved understanding of social norms and exectations, awareness of appropriate social behaviour, and language skills for conversation.
Superstars and Superchamps Groups
- These groups are all abour preparing children for the next steps in learning. Superstars is for Kindy and PrePrimary readiness for 3-4 year olds, and Superchamps is for children entering Year 1. During the January holidays each session will run for 1 hour instead of 2 hours (as outlined in the flyer).
- Ages - Kindy, Pre-Primary and Year 1
- This group provides targeted articulation work for children with speech sound difficulties.
- Ages: Pre-Primary and Year 1
- These groups are suitable for children who struggle to identify alphabet letter sounds, generate rhyming words or those who find it difficult to build and take apart words – the building blocks for words necessary for learning to read and write.
To secure your child's place for one of the holiday groups please click here: Register for Groups
A deposit of $200 is required by December 1st, 2020.
If your child is eligible for NDIS funding please download our service agreement here and forward the completed form to: email@example.com.
Groups will be held at both our Canning Vale and Cockburn Central locations